All About Me & How I Make $$ ♥

Confession From a Sleep Deprived WAHM

So….you know you’ve had a long day when….

What. A. Long. Day. – That is what I was thinking on the way home the other day.  It had been one of “those” days.  You know the kind:

  • Wake up at 3 am with a headache. – 
  • Wake up at 5 am to the smoke alarm going off – just one of them. – 
  • Arrive in the hall after checking each room for smoke and see a tiny little ant circling
  • the rim of the smoke alarm in the hall… are you kidding me? – 
  • Wake up late (which means no time to shower). – 
  • Start knocking off the mile-long “To Do” list only to realize it can’t all possibly be done
  • because enough time does not exist in the day. – 
  • Spend the day (half asleep) trying to deal with people who you are convinced are out to
  • get you. – 
  • Check the calendar to see if it is a full moon.  Nope. -  
  • Forget to eat lunch because it is 3:00 pm before you take the time to hear the sound
  • your stomach is screaming at you. - ☑ 
  • Run 82.5 billion errands only to realize that only ¼ of your list was completed.  What did
  • you actually accomplish today? - 


Yes.  That kind.  But then – finally – it was time to head home.  Sweet.  Not a moment too soon.

So there I am, sitting in my car, driving home.  It has turned into a lovely evening so I turn the A/C off and roll down the windows to enjoy the light breeze.  I have the radio tuned to my favorite station and I realize I’m pretty beat when I can’t even really sing along.  So happy to be headed home.

And then, it happened.  As I’m waiting for the light to turn green, I see it.  Right in the middle of the intersection!  A huge frog!!  He is just hopping little tiny froggy hops across the intersection.  Then I begin to think… There aren’t any sources of water around here.  No creek, river or even water sprinklers going off.  Aren’t frogs supposed to live in dark, damp, swampy type places? Or maybe not. (I should Google that later.) 

Where did this little guy come from?  Well, he’s hardly little – he’s actually quite large!  Poor thing – stuck in the middle of the road with cars on all sides of him.  Unfortunately, I am in no condition to be stopping traffic to rescue a huge frog that I’ll have no idea what to do with.  Although…the thought does cross my mind. (sigh) Lord, I need to get home. (Yawn.)



Finally, the light is green and as I start to press the gas pedal, I feel a tiny bit sad for this poor little froggy.  I sure hope he doesn’t get smushed!  And at that very moment…a car speeds through the light in the lane beside me and I already know my new little friend is done for.  The next few seconds play out in slow motion – the car hits the frog and he flies up into the air and then slowly (and almost melodically) starts to flutter back to the middle of the intersection.  I know what you are thinking, frogs don’t flutter.  Nope.  They sure don’t – but potato chip bags do. 

Yep.  That just happened.

So, no matter the day you’ve had – no matter how resilient you think you are – anytime you mistake a potato chip bag being slowly pushed across an intersection by a light breeze, for a lost frog looking for his marshy homeland – you’ve definitely had a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wisdom Teeth Removal - 5 mistakes NOT to make!

My wisdom teeth came in a long time ago, but really never caused any problems.  Every now and then I had occasional...